KINGSTON, ONTARIO, CANADA, DECEMBER 1957

“Elvis Christmas Album” has been banned by the majority of Canadian radio stations on the belief that the gyrating pelvis has no business getting mixed in churchy matters. However, Allen Brooks, on CKWS decided last Wednesday to put the Pious Presley to the test. He started playing the RCA Victor LP and invited opinion. Of the first 800 callers, 93 per cent endorsed the Presleyian efforts. This number, says Brooks, included several ministers and priests. The remaining 7 per cent said that they would not listen to Presley under any circumstances but they obviously did.

By
Wayne Hawthorne
President
Elvis Presley Fan Club of Victoria